Chicken tikka masala is a popular Indian dish that features marinated and grilled chicken in a creamy tomato-based sauce.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 can (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Salt, to taste
- Add coriander, cumin, turmeric, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Add diced tomatoes with their juices and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add heavy cream and yogurt to the sauce and stir well to combine.Taste the sauce and add salt as needed.
- Add the cooked chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is heated through and the flavors have melded together.
- Serve the chicken tikka masala with rice and naan bread.
Enjoy your homemade chicken tikka masala with this delicious sauce!