Here’s a simple recipe for cooking chicken on the stove with water:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, add the water, salt, black pepper, thyme, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pot, making sure they are fully submerged in the water.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the chicken simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink in the center.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken from the pot and let it rest on a cutting board for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: You can add more seasonings or vegetables to the pot to customize the flavor of the chicken. Also, make sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached at least 165°F (74°C) before serving.
how to cook whole chicken on the stove with water
Cooking a whole chicken on the stove with water is a simple and healthy way to prepare a delicious and tender chicken. Here’s how to do it:
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 4-6 cups of water
- Herbs (optional)
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly under cold water and remove any giblets or organs from the inside of the bird.
- Place the chicken in a large pot and add enough water to cover it completely.
- Let the chicken simmer in the water for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the chicken. If you want to add some flavor, you can also add some herbs like thyme or rosemary to the water.
- Check the chicken by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. The temperature should read 165°F (75°C) when the chicken is fully cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat and let it cool down in the water for 5-10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the pot with tongs or a slotted spoon and place it on a cutting board.
This method of cooking a whole chicken on the stove with water is perfect for those who want a simple and healthy meal that’s easy to make. The chicken will be moist and tender, and you can use the leftover broth for soup or other recipes.